we were made to worship Him
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

of God (part 1)

Go down

of God (part 1) Empty of God (part 1)

Post  Admin Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm

My two nieces, Emily and Ashley are (in my opinion) two of the most adorable nieces in the world. When they were younger they had a toy with several different tubes with different shaped openings. Each tube could only fit a uniquely shaped object. For an example only a square shaped object could go in the tube with the square opening, and the same with the circle, the star, and the triangle.

Humans as a whole is unsatisfied. We as a whole race are unfulfilled and empty. In every single one of us there is a hole or void that (just like the toy my two nieces used to play with) can only be filled by the unique object that has the same shape as the hole. Now, humans tries to fill this hole through many different pleasures; wealth, power, fleshly desires. Anything that man can find enjoyment from, he tries to pour into this void to see if it is the answer.

However these different things that temporarily make humans happy, cannot fill this void. This emptiness has left humans perplexed, of course humans dislike what they cannot understand, and thus attempt one of two things.

1) Humans will guess in order to build an understanding about the void. They will try to understand based on calculated guesswork, forming different explanations as to what great force should fill the void, from this, forming the different faith groups and religions.

2) Humans will ignore the unknown void and continue to try and fill the void with the pleasures of the visible world. In short, he/she will say that if we cannot grasp something with our senses, it simply does not exist. This logically leads man to assume that this life is all there is, and that regardless of his actions, the outcome will be the same. The end result of this thought is life without morals or code, and selfishness. Humans, that do not believe in an after life, believe that their ultimate goal throughout the whole of their lives is to please themselves, regardless of the outcome and consequences it leaves for those that come after.

I will continue this line of thought later, although I have not really gone deeper than there being a void that no physical or emotional pleasure can fill, and the need for there to be something more than just this world.

Admin
Admin

https://mtwh.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down